Wednesday, February 28, 2007

the flower that bloomed all summer

last summer was sunny and warm
I fluttered my wings and flew around
the same flower which bloomed for me
the inviting fragrance
and the mellowing taste of nectar
she offered me with no limits
she waited for me with a friendly smile
each day as summer passed by
she never wilted and she never drooped
the long wait she ever resented
and when i came to her she was all smiles
and i patted her with care
then the season changed and i got new friends
and i changed my route and never saw her
she waited and wilted and drooped and died
a message she sent through the wind, her last
the breeze told me that she needed me,
but i never heard it when there was my need
now the season changed back and forth many times
and when the sun shines hard and I flutter and fly
to the end of horizon all alone, I sometimes feel
that if only I'd heard the message then
and went across for my love,
for life does not give a second chance
and lonely do I fly

No comments: